Thursday, May 19, 2011

Easy Tortilla Pizza

It has been so long since I have posted that I don't know that I remember how.

Last night for dinner I decided to make Pizza, but I didn't feel like making dough. So I grabbed the flour tortilllas off the counter and used them.  I really wish I had gotten a picture, but I didn't. I decided to post the "recipe" anyway.

Tortilla Pizza

1 can Tomato Paste
Spices to taste ( I used Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper)
1 tomato paste can of  Water
Flour Tortillas (at least one per person)
Pizza Toppings. (we used bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, green chile, and cheese)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  If you desire put pizza stone in as you preheat the oven.
Mix tomato paste with water. (Of course you can use your pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce of choice. This is just what I had on hand.)Add spices to taste.  Spread 1 to 2 Tablespoons of sauce on a flour tortilla, add cheese and toppings of choice.  Place pizza on the preheated pizza stone for about 3 to 5 minutes. When cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp around the edges, pull out. Cut with pizza cutter and serve.  

For a extra crispy crust, place pizza directly on oven rack. (Careful to not dump the toppings... I can warn you from experience that they burn well on the bottom of the oven) I used a wire mesh splatter screen as a paddle to slide the pizza's in and out. Also a long spatula works well.  Bake for 3 to 5 minutes.  Take out, cut and serve.

Not a fancy recipe, but quick and easy for everyone to make their own.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment